Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Magical Frosty days in northern Wisconsin

In the earlier part of January 2021 a big part of Wisconsin experienced several days with the most beautiful hoar or rime frost I have ever seen. I am no expert in the exact difference of these 2 terms but here is a website you can read more about: https://www.dtn.com/rime-ice-or-hoar-frost-there-is-a-difference/

The following photos were taken between January 2nd and 5th of 2021, in my neighborhood, the Blue Hills area in Rusk County, Wisconsin.

After some cloudy days the sun came out on January 5th and I went for a walk on Audie Lake. I felt being transported into a different world, almost dream like. The brilliant colors of the blue sky and white trees were astounding.

Enjoy viewing my photos of this magical winter wonderland!

Susanne 

Click on the photos for a larger view. And thanks for viewing.

























1 comment:

  1. So pretty, white trees against a blue sky.
    Thank you ☺️

    ReplyDelete