Friday, January 22, 2021

"Blue Ice" near Bayfield, Wisconsin

It was another cloudy winter day in northern Wisconsin and a friend and myself had made plans to go to Bayfield for an outing. I almost cancelled as I hadn't slept well and the outside world looked a bit boring to my photography eyes. But as so often, mother nature gave me a surprise and a gift when we arrived at our first destination - Friendly Valley Beach just south of Bayfield. 

As I walked along the beach admiring the piles of blue ice I started to see patches of blue sky! Yeah!! When I got to the mouth of the Little Sioux River the sun started to break through the clouds a few times and lit up the landscape and some of the ice. I can only imagine what it would have looked like if there was no snow on the ice shards!! 

On some of the photos you can see Madeline Island at the horizon and the main land with Bayfield to the left. 

Enjoy the blue and white winter world along Lake Superior!

Click on the photos for a larger view. And thanks for viewing.

Susanne















1 comment: