Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Caribou Falls & Temperance River, July 2021

 Early July I was able to go for a short camping trip to one of my favorite camp sites at the Temperance River State park, Minnesota. The camp site is really close to Lake Superior and listening to the sounds of the waves is very soothing, especially at night.

On my way I stopped at Caribou Falls and went for a hike along the river. There are so many unique and different waterfalls along the north shore but Caribou Falls is one of my favorites. The sun disappeared behind clouds long enough for me to take a few long exposure images of the falls. I continued walking upstream along the Caribou river and enjoyed being amongst the old trees listening to the sounds of the water. This is truly my happy place! 

I was hoping for a clear night to take photos of the Milky Way but clouds started to move in. I got up early to watch the sunrise which was partly cloudy as well but beautiful nevertheless, with a band of orange color at the horizon.

I spent the rest of the morning hiking along the Temperance River. I hardly took photos of the waterfalls but instead paid more attention to flowers and plants along the trail. The wild roses were in full bloom spreading their fragrance! Dainty Harebells (Campanulas) were growing and blooming in rock crevices - I am always amazed how some plants can thrive in these conditions.

As always, thanks for viewing and enjoy this selection of my hikes along the rivers and amongst the ancient trees.

Susanne

Click on the photos for a larger view.







Lake Superior waves at Stoney Point

Caribou Falls

Caribou Falls

Caribou Falls


Caribou Falls

Along the Caribou River

Along the Caribou River

Along the Caribou River

Sunrise near the Temperance River

Sunrise near the Temperance River

Wild Roses in bloom

At the Temperance river

Dainty Harebells

Ferns

Dainty Harebells

A patch of ferns

At the Temperance river

Ferns along steps

Wild Rose with spider

Buttercups 



No comments:

Post a Comment