Thursday, March 30, 2023

Hike above the Ice Caves and Aurora borealis, 3.23.2023

March 23. 2023 turned out to be quite a special day! 

We made a trip to the Bayfield area, northern Wisconsin and went for a hike above the Sea/Ice caves along the south shore of Lake Superior. We were celebrating Shanti's first day without his cone!! Oh he was so happy to move around freely again!

I wrote a blog about his ordeal (surgery) earlier.  https://soulcenteredphotography.blogspot.com/2023/03/dog-stories-febrmarch-2023.html

It was a beautiful day with sunshine and blue sky though a cold wind from the north. Part of the lake was covered with "pancake ice" which added an interesting texture to the photos I took. 
When we were driving back home I got an alert for the Aurora borealis on my phone but I never imagined it would turn into such an amazing display! 
I had troubles with my camera gear (my lens wouldn't focus) so unfortunately I had to delete a lot of my images. I am happy I got a few decent images and it was an unforgettable night! All the photos were taken in my backyard in the Blue Hills, Wisconsin, between 10pm and midnight.
Still one week later photos of that night appear on social media.

Enjoy, Susanne

I did the same hike above the ice caves in the winter of 2022: https://soulcenteredphotography.blogspot.com/2022/02/winter-hike-above-ice-caves-cornucopia.html

Click on the photos for a larger view





































No comments:

Post a Comment