Friday, January 1, 2016

Best of 2015

By the end of the year I like to look back and pick 12 of the best photos I took. It is never an easy task to narrow it down. During the months of November and December I did not have many opportunities to go out and shoot.
Happy New Year and enjoy my selection.
Susanne

It is always a good idea to turn around and look what is going on there. I was trying to get a photo of Split Rock lighthouse at Lake Superior's north shore at sunset. When I looked behind me I was greeted with these beautiful and intense sunset colors.

Another winter scene at Lake Superior's north shore. A little island near Grand Marais, MN. 

Ice Cave arch, at the Apostle Island's ice caves near Bayfield and Cornucopia, WI. The ice caves were accessible only for a short time. This photo was taken in early March. The day started out with a snowstorm but the sun came out in the afternoon. Only few people visited on that day which was great for picture taking.


A budding maple tree in early May, on a foggy morning. I like the mood and light on this one.

Solstice sunset at Meyer's Beach, Lake Superior (near Cornucopia, WI).  The moods and clouds kept changing so fast - I could have posted five different photos of that evening, but had to pick just one.

Aurora Angel, on June 22nd. The most incredible Northern Lights I ever witnessed. The lights were dancing all around us and above. Taken right outside my house in the Blue Hills, northern Wisconsin.

A beautiful and typical summer day in northern Wisconsin. I came by this pretty scene on my way home from work. In the Blue Hills, near Exeland, northern Wisconsin.

Now and Then Falls, at Amnicon Falls State Park in northern Wisconsin.  We had plenty of rain in early July and lucked out to see these falls with a good amount of water.  Typically these falls only run in the spring (therefore the name Now and Then). 

The Milky Way rising behind a barn in my neighborhood, August 2015.  Nowadays the better cameras are able to pick up a lot of details in the night sky. Pretty amazing stuff!!!

An unforgettable view

The highlight of our fall color trip to the North shore of Lake Superior. An unforgettable view from the fire tower on Mt. Sophie near Grand Portage, MN. Speckled Trout and Swamp Lake. It was windy and a bit scary to climb the fire tower but worth all the effort.

Tamarack trees at Audie Lake, in the Blue Hills, northern Wisconsin .  Perfect reflections on a calm evening. The fall colors started late and lasted way into October.

Milkweed seeds at sunrise, in early November. 

1 comment: