Sunday, November 4, 2012

Magic in the woods

The brilliant and golden days of autumn are gone and as I am writing this all trees are bare and the sometimes dreary November days have arrived, though today was exceptionally nice and warm. 
About a month ago I was driving home from a photo shoot. The sun was setting and from the corner of my eye I saw this path through the woods and the last light at the end of the tunnel beckoned me to stop. I quickly grabbed my camera and tripod hurrying up the hill. As I was approaching a family of deer stepped right into the area I wanted to shoot, like they came on stage. Fortunately their curiosity made them stay long enough that I was able to get 5 shots - and then they disappeared and the last bit of sunlight left as well. I was so amazed and felt so lucky and blessed to capture this magical moment!
The next day I went back a little earlier as I wanted to shoot the path all lit up by the setting sun. 
And yes, the deer showed up again but didn't stay very long. The last 2 images are from day two. 
Walking through the woods is always magical!
Susanne 




3 comments: