Sunday, January 15, 2012

SEEING BEAUTY - Photography as visual poetry, part 5

The long, cold and cloudy winter days in the midwest can be depressing. Sometimes there can be a benefit in feeling this loneliness as Hafiz expresses it so lovingly in this poem.  I see the bright side and the blessings - be still, quiet my mind and turn inwards. 
Susanne


From my book "Seeing Beauty - photography as visual poetry", available on www.blurb.com or contact me direct.

MY EYES SO SOFT 

Don't surrender your loneliness 
So quickly. 
Let it cut more deep. 
Let it ferment and season you 
As few human 
Or divine ingredients can. 
Something missing in my heart tonight 
Has made my eyes so soft, 
My voice 
So tender, 
My need of God 
Absolutely 
Clear. 

(Hafiz)
'The Gift' Poems by Hafiz - translations by Daniel Ladinsky




No comments:

Post a Comment