Sunday, December 18, 2011

SEEING BEAUTY - Photography as visual poetry, part 1

Over 2 years ago I published an online book (on Blurb, www.blurb.com) with the title 
"SEEING BEAUTY - Photography as visual poetry". I want to share some of it on this blog.
An excerpt from the introduction:
"I believe there is a beauty beyond our sense perceptions, a beauty both so profound and humbling, and I hope my photographs provide the viewer with an intimation, or reflection, of that beauty.
Mystical poetry is an important source of inspiration in my daily life. Poet saints such as Rumi and Hafiz speak about beauty and love in a way that transports me to a realm beyond words, lets me taste the divine - if only for a moment - and enables me to forget all worldly tribulations.
It only seems natural for me to combine my photographs with poetry, and very often it is as if the poem and image find each other in a magical way.
May this selection of photographs and poems lift your spirit and bring joy and healing into your life.

Art is the conversation between lovers.
Art offers an opening for the heart.
True art makes the divine silence in the soul
break into applause.

(Hafiz)

translation by Daniel Ladinsky



No comments:

Post a Comment